Naturopathy is a distinct system of primary health care, an art, science, philosophy and practice of diagnosing, treating and preventing disease Naturopathy physicians seek to restore and maintain optimum health. Naturopathy is defined by principles rather than by methods or modalities. Diagnostic and therapeutic methods are diverse and will continue to evolve as knowledge of health and diseases expands. The following principles are the foundation for naturopathy practice.
Basic Principal of Nature Cure
- Body heals itself.
- Main cause of disease is enervation.
- Deposit of metabolic end-products in the body is disease.
- Acute disease is a remedial process-itself a cure.
- Food is a building material, does not increase vitality.
- Fasting provides an opportunity to the body to heal itself.
- Germs do no cause the disease but are found in the diseased conditions.
- Exercise or physical activity keeps the balance between nutrition and drainage.
- External treatments whether natural, allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic- give only relief, do not cure.
- Patient’s own will to get well, determination and faith are necessary things for nature cure treatment.
Naturopathy is a natural healing technique using the healing powers of nature. It also come in Alternative Therapies,Naturopathy says just like 5 elements in nature same as in aur body like Fire(Agni), Air(Vayu), Space(Aakash), Earth(Bhumi) & water(Jal). The principle of Naturopathy is that the accumulation of toxins is the root cause of all diseases. Prevention and elimination of toxins is the route to health. Treatments are based on the 5 great elements of nature that have immense healing properties. There is no role of internal medications in the nature cure system.
The Five great elements of nature and the treatments based on them are:
- Earth - Mud baths, Mud packs,
- Water - Hydrotherapeutic methods in the form of Baths, Jets, Douches, Packs, Compresses, Immersions
- Air - Breathing exercises, Outdoor walking, Open air baths
- Fire - Sun baths, Thermoleum baths, Magnetised water, Colour charged oils / water
- Ether - Fasting therapy
- Chakra Meditation
- Color Therapy
- Food and Nutrition
- Juice Therapy
- Magnet Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Mud Therapy
- Mudra Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Oriental healing techniques: Reflexology, Acupressure, Sujok
- Water Therapy, Hydrotherapy
- Wheat Grass Therapy